District Council 50 represents Hawaii’s construction finishing trades- members and signatory contractors of the International Union of Painters and Allied Trades, the IUPAT.
Over 2,000 members of District Council 50 are also members of the following locals:
- Painters Local Union 1791
- Glaziers Local Union 1889
- Floorlayers Local Union 1926
- Drywall Finishers Local Union 1944
- Shipyard Workers Local Union 1941
As you can see from the craft unions we represent, the finishing trades finish a construction project. Without the drywall being taped and painted, without the windows and flooring installed, a project can’t be a completed on time and within budget. This is why we are such an important part of Hawaii’s construction industry.
Together, we are committed. Together we are effective. Together we are strong.
- We are committed to our membership, making certain they are paid fair wages and receive the medical, vacation, and retirement benefits to which they are entitled.
- We are effective in maintaining and improving the standard of living for Hawaii’s construction finishing trades labor force. District Council 50 provides our contractors with highly trained, skilled, productive, and safety-conscious workers who are prepared to meet the challenges of today’s workplace.
- We are strong in defending the rights of our members and our trades. Involved in organizing, servicing, political action and training, we work together to make Hawaii a better place for our members and the community as a whole.
Feel free to contact us.